Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Peanut Butter Chicken!

Hello,  Everyone! I'm trying to keep up with my blog as much as I can.  I will be honest, I'm super busy but very thankful!!   I had a ton of deadlines to meet, and finally finished (most) of them early this morning! lol

As I sit here, starting to blog, thinking of what I would like to share the thought of chicken peanut butter tenders comes to mind! lol

Most  morning's, I get the same question. "Mom, what's for dinner tonight"?   Today, I received a request!
"Mom, can we have peanut butter chicken tonight?" LOL

 I also wanted to share this recipe today, because it's one of my favorites too!!  ( I love to pair this up with a "special" sauce!)


Peanut Butter chicken Tenders
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 clove's of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp of fresh ginger root
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 tbsp sunflower kernels

The "special" Sauce

1/2 cup of grape jelly
1/2 cup of raspberry jelly
1tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan, until reaching a boiling point.  Pour grape mixture over chicken or serve in a small ramekin.


1.) In a small sauce pan, combine water, peanut butter, brown sugar, lemon and lime juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.  Cook and stir over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes or until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside.

2.) Slice the chicken lengthwise into 1-in strips; thread onto soaked wooden skewers. Grill uncovered, over medium heat, about 5 minutes . Turn and brush remaining sauce on other side until the chicken is no longer pink inside. (remember chicken is done at 165 degrrees)
 







No comments:

Post a Comment