Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blessings and the true meaning of "love".

  Hi Everyone!!  Many of you  know me in so many ways. 

Today my blog is not about me.  I'm dedicating my blog to my daughter Madison Lynn.  To be honest,  the last few months have been a bit hectic for our family and it seems like time is so sacred!!

I'm competing for Mrs Pennsylvania International again.  Volunteering with; Blessings in a Backpack Organization, traveling to Florida with my job, working on my food column, owning a small cake business, traveling with Annabelle, (my therapy dog) doing apperances and teaching the art of culinary cuisine to half of America!!   ( Thank you, Lord!)

  But....This weekend has been one I will never forget!  My daughter, Madison wanted to make a difference in the lives of other children. She saved her own money, purchased a ton of books, crayons, stuffed animals and  big beautiful stars!!!

I asked Maddy, what the stars are for?  Her reply; "Mom, they are for these brave children who I feel are the true stars in life"    WOW!!!   Those are some powerful words to hear from your daughter, and the funny part of that is....I didn't tell her to say that!!

Madison and I walked into the Geisinger Children's Hospital, She was wearing my Mrs. Beauty, Brains and Heart sash.  I was wearing my Mrs Shickshinny International sash and together,  we walked hand and hand, bags and bags!  Delivering a little bit of Sunshine!  I will say, the amount of light in the eyes of those children would light your world a lifetime!!   

This is now a monthly "girls" day we have scheduled, regardless of how hectic life can be!         

No comments:

Post a Comment