Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chicken Salad

Hi Everyone,
Today, I wanted to be sure to post something on my page, before I forget.

 Shopping in the grocery store yesterday, I ran into a very nice lady.   I was looking for tarragon, she was looking  for parsley.  I know this sounds funny! lol  We started talking about cooking and how to make chicken salad.  I told her, I would blog my chicken salad recipe.  

Kim's Chicken Salad 
1 lb boneless  skinless chicken breast, grilled
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 1/2 tbsp. tarragon
1 tbsp cilantro
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup of white grapes

Marinate for the chicken:
This is a great salad dressing too!

1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp raw honey
2 cloves of garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Dijon mustard ( I use honey mustard)
marinate  chicken overnight.

1.) grill chicken,  (chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees)
2.) combine mayonnaise, red onion, tarragon, cilantro, and sugar.
3.) Slice and cube chicken, fold into the above, and add grapes.

I garnish this dish with a side of grapes and fresh mozzarella.

I hope you all enjoy this chicken salad as much as I do!

ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment