Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Good morning everyone!

I wanted to take the time to blog a few things!  As the weeks start the count down to the Mrs International pageant, I'm shifting into high gear.  


This is my very first national pageant and I'm so excited to meet so many amazing people!

My pageant prep has gone a bit like this, lots of working out, and eating healthy.  That's really the hard part! LOL  Working on my platform and job have been very easy!  Those of you who know me, know how much I love to cook and feed people.  The last few months, have been open to just about anything.  Cooking on the beach in Florida,  to making veggie burgers on the highest mountain in PA! LOL   We can't forget, delivering a giant welcome Summer snack "table" to families who are in need! I sat in the children's classroom crown and sash waiting for them to come in after recess and when they walked in and saw me sitting there with all those snacks....they were SO happy!! Since I have been blessed with the title of Mrs Pennsylvania International, I jump on every opportunity I can to let the children know that I'm someone who cares about them and their family.  Our society is so face paced and we need to stop and take a minute to let people know, "I'm here,and care and want to help"! The joy on the faces of children and their families when you give them food, or teach them how make a certain food, is absolutely priceless!   Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.   I know, this is going to be on my grave stone when I die, because this is my motto in life, I say this 50 times a day! (but it's SO true,  my dream job, would be to travel the world feeding and teaching as many people as possible  how to fish (cook)!!!


In the next few weeks, I will be heading South  to host a supper club at Viking, Lakewood Ranch center, and can't wait to see so many of my friends, and family!  The menu, as follows:







No comments:

Post a Comment